I should stop setting goals and start focusing more on living – I know I should, but I can’t. So that will wait for 2012. Or when I am 40. Ever since my 30 before 30 list, I loves me some goals. And like any list of goals I have ever had, they have changed since I first imagined them. Here is the “final” list:
1. Exercise for 250 hours.
2. Post what I ate – every good, bad, ugly detail – for 300/365 days.
3. Lose 25 lbs. I need to lose more, but I want a realistic goal for this year – something that feels obtainable, not overwhelming. And losing 25 is better than gaining 5. You can’t argue with that. No, I said you couldn’t.
4. Get rid of x amount of debt. This one is between me and my husband, but it is a BIG number. As the kids say, we are going to have to make our own fun! But nothing is more fun than being out of debt. Yep, I am officially old because I truly believe that.
5. Eat in 1000 times. That means only one meal out per week – and that includes Starbucks, fast food, lunch with friends at work, our sweet friends at Abuelo’s. This will perhaps be the hardest for us – we like to eschew the drudgery of the kitchen – but will be very important for #4 and #3. I think I might craft a little cookbook of our our daily recipes to make it more fun. Tonight we are doing apple-sage field roast with hard cider sauerkraut that my friend J turned me on to. So yum.
6. Complete 25 books. I still have a lot of books to consume to hit my 40 before 40 goal, so I will need to continue to plug away. Right now I am in the midst of the Harry Potter series – so that should be fun/easy.
7. Get rid of 500 things – either by recycling, consuming, or giving away – it will be hard to define what a things count – but off the top of my head: booklets of scrapbook paper, yarn, CDs, DVDs, books, unused dishes – lots to do. I am sooooo looking forward to having less stuff. My stepdaughter totally inspired me this weekend by *spontaneously* cleaning out her closet. I am going to borrow some of her fortitude and tackle my bedside table tonight. Woot!
8. 250 study hours. Grad school starts in 10 days. I will need to get good at studying again. I am not too worried, I was once great at it, but having a weekly hourly goal will help me.
9. 500 blog entries – with 30o days of calorie posting, this is just 200 entries of other stuff – which I really do want to share with my small readership – I love having this blog as a digital journal of my life – where I have been and where I have been going. And unlike my junior high school diary, being on the internets reminds me to set my filter a *bit*, so I can reread entries without cringing too badly.
10. Organize 5 things. Blech – I don’t want to do this one, but I need to – and the sooner it is done, the better. And I know I will love the results. My fab craft empire still is organized and awesome. I think I am going to tackle these five things: Spring holiday decorations, autumn/halloween decorations, Christmas decorations, Muner’s desk, Reading room closet/wrapping papers.
In short, my focus this year will be lightening my load. My forties are nigh, and I want to be fully fabulous by then. Just a bit more work, and I will be there.
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!! Love, love, love you all!