Greetings. After last week’s tale of woe, you would think that I would be here reporting stellar results. Yeah, not so much. This week is better, but I am still ramping up to my former glory. The bad news is my eating is still sucky – being sick and stressed has me returning to some bad habits. BUT there is good news – although I didn’t hit my mileage, and I feel I am back into a good exercise routine.
And here are the results for this past week:
1. Complete 2 classes – No – one class with Mandy.
2. Complete 15 miles – Not quite – but I got 9.5 in – I am pretty happy about that, for what it is worth.
3. Vegan 7 days – yep, check. Unfortunately there are vegan jelly beans. sigh.
4. 1 or less sweets – NO! – T-H-R-E-E – 3!! sweets.
5. Hang out with friends at least once – Yes, I hung out with friends twice – a series of stress-reducing coffee breaks with a friend at work, and dinner at Waldo pizza with some other girlfriends. Woot. I am glad to have this goal this year – it is really pushing me to say “yes” to social opportunities – which is not natural for me, but makes me very happy.
6. Complete 2 books – I did complete two books – Sunset at Blandings Castle and The Man With Two Left Feet – both by P.G. Wodehouse. Sadly, I have made it through all of the Blandings Castle books, saying goodbye (for now) to my friend Lord Emsworth. Happily I move on to my next task of reading all of the Jeeves and Wooster stories and books. The Man With Two Left Feet is the first story that features Bertie Wooster. I know I have said it a bazillion times, but if you have stress that seems inconquerable, curl up with some Wodehouse. This week his stories have been a salve to my buzzing, stressed brain.
And here are the goals for next week:
1. Complete 3 classes.
2. Complete 15.5 miles.
3. Vegan 7 days.
4. Zilch-o sweets.
5. Complete half of Eric Weiner’s The Geography of Bliss and complete half of Galileo’s Daughter by Dava Sobel.
I missed Etsy so much from not hitting my goals, that I pre-bought myself two little treats from there. And the are going to sit unopened until I hit the goals for one, then two, weeks. Hopefully that should get me going.
Off I go…